Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's in a name...

We've had much inquiry as to the name our infant addition.  First of all thank you all for the support and love.  We really appreciate it.  

Jessika and I stewed over the name for this fury fetus all during her pregnancy.  I still wanted Cash (round 2) but she didn't want an accountant being named Cash Hunter (or any professional really).  She wanted Ryan, but I exercised my veto powers because all growing up I had like 2-3 Ryans in my class, only one of which I liked.  So we put up a poll, as some of you have noticed on our blog (apparently too late) for some input into our cute quandary.  Although Chase won by popular vote, our last name yet again let to the downfall of a Chase dynasty now since our nephew (Dana's son) is named Hunter.  Chase Hunter becomes a command, not a name.  

So (sigh...) back to the drawing board.  The poll names were evidence of the names we liked.  

We decided on JACOB RYAN HUNTER.

I couldn't shake my imprinting on Jacob while reading and enjoying the Twighlight series so when Jessika suggested Jacob I already liked it.  Plus, as one of my friends said, Jacob is the name of the great Book of Mormon prophet.  Then when we add Ryan in the middle it was a win-win...-win (according to Michael Scott).  

11 comments:

Mark and Kristi said...

I like your description on the name Chase and how it would be a command, that is funny! Jacob Ryan is a great name very strong! Congrats once again and I hope Jessika is recovering well and I am sure Jacob's big brothers are so excited!

mamaste said...

oh, he's beautiful. congratulations, you guys. i'm so jealous...THREE boys. that's my dream in life. and jacob is the perfect name.

hats off to jess. she is such a renaissance woman. 9.6 pounds. DRUG FREE. again. holy cow. i bet it made for a pretty remarkable, spiritual, calm (in a way) day. she makes me proud. what a strong woman.

we want to see him (and the rest of you) next time you come to visit The Valley.

love, the primos

Peterson Family said...

You are hilarious! Jacob fan all the way (for the book too). What a cutie! :)

Gary said...

Nick, I really bought into the justification for the name...until...I found out it was you writing. "Reading and Enjoying" the twilight series????

All kidding aside, congratulations - he is a very adorable little tyke! We miss you guys.

Gary

Arizona Arnolds said...

Jes & Nick,
We sat by your Dad yesterday in church (yes, I am so happy to have them in a ward with us!) He told us you had named the baby Jacob Ryan and my Jacob (almost 7) got a great big smile. He is such a sweetie and I know your #3, Jacob will be too!Congratulations!
Marla
p.s. I am a HUGE Jacob (Twilight) Fan too! Do you think Nick could get John to read them??

Adria said...

it was about child pornography on the interent and the pervs that find pictures and trade with each other, it got a lot more graphic. i'm sure no one is looking on my blog, but it freaked me out so bad i just decided to make it private.

on that note:) hope you guys are doing good and adjusting to the new baby! he is just adorable!

KaCee said...

Hi Hunter family,
Congratulations on your new baby boy! He is so cute! I was excited to find your blog through some other blogs from our old Wyview ward. We have a blog too and if you want to see it just email me at erda_jo@hotmail.com and we'll add you to our list.
KaCee Sibley

bethy said...

WOOHOO! Congratulations on boy #3! Jacob is a cutie and looks like his brothers. We're always glad to hear from you and love the opportunity that blogs give to peek at your life. Keep up the great work and keep those Hunters comin'!

Anonymous said...

Jacob already has your hair do.
Jeremy

Kristin said...

The Office premieres this week! I'm so stoked!! I love the name Jacob. Good pick. :)

Unknown said...

He has more hair than most monkeys