The MLB had an ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease awareness month in July commemorating the day Lou Gehrig announced his retirement from major league baseball.

The Diamondbacks held their awareness game July 11 and invited Kirk (Jessika's dad) to throw out the commemorative first pitch.

Considering Kirk's history playing baseball (college
and minor leagues), being a season ticket holder since the first opening day of the D-Back's organization, and his current diagnosis of ALS it couldn't have been more appropriate.

It was an amazing night!

Of course Jackson wanted to get in on some of the action. When Grandpa took the mount he took off! I was behind the camera with my telephoto lense when I saw Jackson in the frame. When I took the camera down I saw Jessika was already on her way. I thought I would refrain from chasing after them and making a bigger scene, but it was funny to see Jessika, Jacob in tow, trotting after Jackson.

This was Jackson before the pitch. He's such a socialite! He'll talk to anyone. These were people in those amazing seats between home plate and the dugout. I was hoping Jax could score us some tickets.

Jackson was just soaking in the scene. It was a fun night with great representation from Kirk's family and friends.
1 comment:
THAT IS AWESOME! I'd love to have our Jackson dash out on the field sometime! Jessika chasing after him is even better!
Jeremy Logsdon
Post a Comment